Decrease pain, swelling, and inflammation
Reduces arthritic pain
Reduces migraine symptoms
Numbs nerve irritation
Accelerate muscle recovery time
Assist in post-injury recovery
Increase energy and endorphin levels
Increase collagen production
- Reverse signs of aging
- Helps treat skin conditions like atopic dermatitis
- Strengthens immune system
- Makes you feel better
Helps treat certain mood disorders
BENEFITS OF CRYOTHERAPY:
Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy is the exposure of a person’s skin to temperatures of -110°C to -190°C (-166°F to -310°F) for a short period of time (3 minutes or less). At this extreme temperature, the body activates several mechanisms that have significant long-term medical and cosmetic
Skin: The outer skin is briefly ‘frozen’, activating increased production of collagen in deeper layers of the skin (similar to laser treatments of the face, where very high temperatures are used). The skin regains elasticity and becomes smoother and even-toned, significantly improving conditions such as cellulite and skin aging. Skin vessels and capillaries undergo severe vasoconstriction (to keep the core temperature from dropping), followed by vasodilation after the procedure. Toxins and other stored deposits are flushed out of the layers of the skin and blood perfusion is improved after several treatments. The anti-inflammatory properties of whole-body cryotherapy are also used to treat chronic skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
Endocrine: The extreme cold exposure causes the body to turn up its metabolic rate in order to produce heat. This effect lasts for 5-8 hours after the procedure, causing the body to ‘burn’ up to 500 calories over the hours following the procedure. After several procedures, the increase in metabolic rate tends to last longer between treatments. Another ‘survival reaction’ to the extreme temperatures is the release of endorphins (hormones) that have analgesic and anti-inflammatory properties and improve mood disorders. Cryotherapy has been studied for the successful treatment of medication resistant depressive disorders.
Musculoskeletal: The anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of cryotherapy can drastically improve joint disorders such as rheumatoid- and osteoarthritis. Athletes are using whole body cryotherapy to recover from injuries and improve their performance.
Immune System: Cryotherapy improves the function of the Immune System and decreases stress levels.
CRYOTHERAPY SAFETY RULES
1. Gloves will be provided and MUST be worn. Please use the hand sanitizer provided before wearing gloves.
2. Slippers will be provided and MUST be worn.
3. Socks MUST be worn – we can provide you with a pair or you can bring your own.
4. Ladies – clothing is optional. The more skin that is bare during your treatment, the better. You can wear underwear or bikinis, gym shorts and/or sports bras, your choice.
5. Men – you MUST wear something to protect your package. If you would like to wear gym shorts or swim trunks, you may. Boxers are not preferred as they are loose fitted, something a little tighter is better suited for your protection.
6. DRY clothing is a MUST!
7. Please remove ALL jewelry.
8. If you have any serious heart conditions or if you are pregnant, you should not partake in cryotherapy.
9. You MUST be completely dry before entering the cryotherapy chamber. Towel off any lotion or moisture on the skin.
10.Hold your chin over the pad on the top of the chamber and stay engaged with your technician throughout your session. If you feel uncomfortable and want to exit the chamber at any time, simply let your technician know.
11.Do NOT dip down below the pad on the top of the chamber at any time during your session.
12.Do NOT touch the thermometer gauge on the inside of the chamber, this monitors the temperature inside the chamber to regulate the release of liquid nitrogen.